14 Feb 2015

Home is where the heart is

 A friend (Portuguese) once told me that the Portuguese love to have their hearts broken. They love to fall in love. At best they’re sentimental, affectionate, caring, warm – all qualities that make a person a good lover. At worst possessive, jealous, unfaithful. In other words they’re human.

I probably don’t need to tell you that Portugal as a country and the Portuguese as a people have stolen my heart. That´s why I´ve made my home here.

Everywhere I go I look for hearts painted on walls and confessions of love. I find them a lot. Of course. The Portuguese love to love. 


Happy Valentine's day, Feliz dia dos namorados!





A big heart (um coração grande)
Porto, 2014






Small hearts
Lisbon, 2012





















Azulejo hearts
Lisbon, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment