19 Mar 2015

On display

I live on the outskirts of a small village. It took me almost a year to find out that there are two grocery stores in this street. They have no signs, no big windows, nothing to reveal that there´s a shop inside. Hidden shops. Camouflaged in the downstairs of regular houses.

It was the same in the city of Vila do Conde. On my walks in daytime I passed by many shops without any idea of what they held inside. They were dark. Only after sunset the lights were lit, revealing the offering of the little boutiques.

Also in Salamanca, Spain, the shops come alive at night. The bright windows offer a feast for the eye even when you don´t buy anything. Oh, I did want to bring one of those cured hams, home… mmmm!



Photos: Salamanca, Spain, 2015






























No comments:

Post a Comment